Meaningful UseAchieving Meaningful Use (MU) takes much more than implementing a certified Electronic Health Record (EHR) and completing a checklist of static requirements. It is a complex initiative that begins with a detailed mapping of requirements to current state operations, clinical processes, and reporting functions, followed by a systematic enterprise-wide implementation or upgrade, monitoring, and reporting process.
Meaningful Use is only one step along the continuum of healthcare initiatives that organizations are facing today — in both acute and ambulatory environments. We meet our clients where they are in complying with MU and help take them to where they need to be to achieve these overarching Federal Meaningful Use goals:
- Improve quality, efficiency and reduce disparities
- Engage patients and their families
- Improve care coordination
- Improve population and public health
- Ensure adequate privacy and security protection for Personal Health Information
We have helped organizations with ranges of total MU incentive dollars of $5 million to $37 million. Most have received first payments of between $1 million and $11 million.
We can provide a cross-functional team of professional consultants with specific MU experience in strategic planning, project management, and implementation — from roadmap development through optimization.
Our Meaningful Use services include:
- Audit documentation preparation
- Certified EHR technology (CEHRT) selection, implementation and optimization
- Clinical adoption support
- EHR incentive program
- Interpretive research with CMS experts
- Knowledge management services for MU and clinical quality measures
- Meaningful Use assessments, gap analysis, and security risk analysis
- Project management
- Strategic and investment planning for EHR incentive program
- Training and awareness building for Meaningful Use